Monday, March 10, 2008

Has it really only been 3 weeks? A mere 20 days since our lives were shaken up and turned upside down; never to be the same again? I feel as though I've aged 30 years in that short time. Nothing is the same. The world is different, my perspective permanently altered. Small things are inconsequential. Moments that once seemed mundane are now carefully preserved, tucked away and hidden in the dark recesses of my mind. It's funny, everything has changed and yet nothing is different. Housework needs to be done, groceries need to be bought. Life goes on. And, even though there could be so much sadness and despair, there isn't. Our house is full of love, laughter and hope. To be honest, it's the very least we can do for her.

***

This morning we got the news we had been waiting for. I coudn't sleep. I knew the email was coming and I lay awake in the darkness of the early hours waiting for the familiar sound of the computer signalling the arrival of new mail. Although I didn't know if it was good news or bad, I wanted to read it the moment it arrived. I read the words and reread them, scarcely able to comprehend the meaning. "good news......your daughter's a suitable candidate......" We're going to China!!! I know that it's not a cure, but at the moment, it's all we've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment