Thursday, March 10, 2011

69/365

He's my best friend, constant companion and soul mate. He often knows what I'm thinking without my having to say a word and we have a habit of finishing each other sentences without meaning to. Sometimes I think he knows me better than I know myself.
Years ago he was a fencing coach at the university gym and I.....quickly became the teacher's pet. While we had no idea the future that was about to unfold, I can not imagine going through this journey without him by my side. He is my rock, the one constant in all the chaos. He gives me strength when I am weary and courage when my spirit falters. While the future is so very uncertain, there is something comforting about knowing that we will face it together.

Most Thursdays Trent heads out to teach fencing, Lexi in tow, while I stay home with the others. Tonight I decided to tag along. I'm not sure if that was a good decision or not as it left me longing to pick up my sword and get back to a sport that I onced loved.

IMG_3865

When your dad is the head fencing instructor, petti-skirts are totally appropriate attire.
(this, however, will change when she is old enough to do more than footwork and drills)

IMG_3809 copy

Making sure big sister is happy

IMG_3843

IMG_3867

Archaic equipment calls for vintage processing. :)

IMG_3887

IMG_3933

3 comments:

  1. Love them all but especially the one of Lexi doing footwork and drills in a petti skirt. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet to take a peak into your little world. It's wonderful that you and your family were able to enjoy time together. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pettiskirts and swords mix perfectly :) Why are there lines tied to some of the "fencers"?

    ReplyDelete