Friday, March 18, 2011

77/365

woolybabyslippers


It's been a quest of sorts, finding the perfect pair of "shoes" for my increasingly hard to fit daughter. The combination of circulation that borders on abysmal and feet that are starting to point down and rotate inwards have made all standard footwear an impossibility. You name it, we tried it. Nothing was suitable, which was fine with Lexi who aquired all the rejects and now has a variety of cozy slipper type shoes at her disposal.
And then by random happenstance I found myself here: Wooly Baby - maker of funky and eco friendly wool slippers
Feeling more than a little hopeful I sent an email to the owner of the shop inquiring as to the particulars on the slippers and whether she could do a custom order. After a few emails back and forth, I placed my order and waited. Today, the anticipated package arrived in the mail and when I placed them on Tatyanna's feet, it was instantly apparent that they were PERFECT! Soft felted wool made from upcycled sweaters, with leather on the bottom for warmth (and grip/durability if one needed it) The shape was just right to keep them on her feet without affecting her circulation in the least. One hour later, her toes were still toasty and hadn't turned an all too familar shade of purple. Success!
We opted for neutral, earthy toned "low tops" for our first pair but I will definitely be back for something a little funkier...stripes perhaps? I love the fact that they weren't an identical pair but rather a collection of complementary tones, somehow that seemed all the more perfect for my quirky girl.
I don't normally do product pitches on Tatyanna's site but I know how difficult it can be to find shoes for kiddos with medical challenges so I wanted to share. I would definitely recommend Josie at Wooly Baby! The workmanship was excellent, the transaction was smooth and we had the finished product within the specified time frame. The website indicates what is currently in stock/ready to ship but she was very open to doing a customs order in a size that fit Tatyanna. I only wish that I had ordered another pair or two. :)

2 comments:

  1. Those look so cozy! I love natural fibers on my feet too... they just breathe so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support and kind words! I'm so glad these work for your girl :)

    ReplyDelete